Thursday, February 9, 2017

Explore Bali (Part 3)


December 22, 2016
Bjara Sandhi Monument- is a monument to commemorate the Balinese struggle against the Dutch colonialism and keep maintain the fundamental of Bali tourism based on local cultures




January 24, 2017
4:30am- call time from my accommodation (Gang Pipit 4, Batubulan)
Past 6am- reached Lake Batur
I and Pak Ketut (Gojek-Bike driver) inquire at Mt. Batur Trekking booth regarding the entrance fee to climb Batur. A rude Balinese guy named Ketut Kawi, informed us to pay IDR400,000/pax.  Pak Ketut said, he was  from Batubulan and I am working in Bali. 
We asked for discount and showed him my KITAS ID, but he declined and the unforgettable statement he said to us, "No!!, go back to your hotel."
We had an argument regarding that statement. 

We detour, and find another route to reach at least the foot of the mountain  




Below overlooking Lake Batur

   
 We took another route. And I found out, the entrance fee is only IDR 10,000. This is how far I walked. Pak Ketut, stayed at the entrance gate. Unsuccessful to reach the summit but at least I tried.
Mt. Batur

Road to reach Mt. Batur  (we took another route)

Overlooking Mt. Batur (the view at the main high-way going to Ubud)

Inside Pura Gunung Lebah during ceremony
in Ubud

Campuhan Ridge Walk- Ubud
Photo taken by Pak Ketut

                                   


More interesting places to visit and challenging road to take.
Photos taken originally by me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment